Friday, October 21, 2011

Honduras to Nicaragua 21 10 11


Lago Yojoa


The Tiger is needing a clean 

After leaving Lake Yojoa (northern Honduras) I headed for Valle De Angeles . It is a small Mountain Village just south of the capital of Honduras , it was nice to get back up into the mountain air . 


Some of the Country side on the Way 

It rained on and off most of the Day (you wouldn't think so by looking at the Pic)

Valle De Angeles Honduras


I usually stop on the way for a Coke and a Snickers

THE BORDER CROSSING Honduras Nicaragua 
I had been told that this border cross is a real problem , because of all the people there trying to make a living out of helping the Gringos (like me ) out of there money , for helping them get through the border . Well the minute I arrived they were on me like Flies on Shit .  With in 1 minute I gave up , said shit go for it . I laughed to myself and said shit im going to be done like a Dogs Breakfast , and yes i was . but you know I enjoyed it . They did every thing and I just looked on and handed out the money . What should have cost about $20 cost me about $100 , but it was over quick and i was on my way in no time , with lighter pockets  . They were happy, I was happy , all except for a kid about 7 who keep looking at me and saying I look Moto . When I was about to go he says , I looked Moto and i said hell boy, this Gringo is all paid out . with that he started to cry (it's a tuff world out there)


Above is south of Esteli Nicaragua

Next stop was Esteli Nicaragua the only thing nice about this city was the Hotel .
It was here that I picked up my first Sponsor 
Zengotita Cigar Co 
Sarasota
At the hotel there was a whole group  of Cigar manufactures , Esteli is one of the biggest cigar manufacturing areas in the world , or the best which ever  . Terry Russell from Zengotita Cigars gave me 2 of his Cigars , on the pretext that I send him a photo , of me smoking them  somewhere  excotic . So now I have a Sponsor , I tell you they smell so good , I may have to have a try  real soon 



This is someone I met on the way , he said to say hi to those Gatos (cats) at home 


After Esteli it was on to Granada , a very nice lake side town in Nicaragua . Above is a spider (Tarantula) that I found on the floor, by my bed in the middle of the night .

I went up the Volcano Mombacho above is a Caterpillar I saw . The trip up was great with great views all over the area . There was another Kiwi guy on the bus David Spies from Auckland 
  





Next stop  San Juan del Sur

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rog, another good laugh at your expense. John said take a bottle to bed for a pee....don't put your feet on the floor with those critters about.Warmer day today,Jasons Mums last day,Murphys Law. Got the Champagne & savouries in, ready for tomorrow nights game. Fingers crossed. Booked a motel, Wanganui. for Boxing Day, Wish you were here for that. keep an eye on Skype. take care Buddy. John & Sue XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rog, watching your antics with many ooh's and aargh's. we are thinking of you and wishing you well always.
    Enjoying our own travels off to KL in two weeks.
    talk soon. Stuie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spiers, mate, spieRs, with an R..... Yeah, what a trip eh? So I was in Cuba a week with Anna and the 3 yr old adopted Nicaraguan boy (the locals probably thought he was a stolen Cuban kid), which was pretty wonderful as every one wanted to be your friend, and a week on my own after they went home. ( Her maternity leave was up...) The kid was up playing the rattles with a band in a bar after only an hour in the country! Did a spell in Panama too...Good luck on the rest of the trip, take care, and I may see you when you get back! Dave S.

    ReplyDelete