Monday, October 17, 2011

Guatemala to D&D Miro Brewery Honduras 17 10 11


It finally stopped raining , so Julio pushed me out and said about bloody time  .  Julio and Luisa  are such great people and it was sad to leave after 11 days .  I would not be here with out all the help from Julio 

The first stop after Guatemala City was Copan Ruinas  Honduras .
 I had a great ride and it felt good to be on the road finally , there was signs of lots of land slides from all the rain  , but I had no hold ups . 
Until about 100 mts from the border , there was a  landslide right over the road , with a huge truck on its side right in the middle . They said  road closed come back tomorrow , I just thought what now , hell it is a long way back to Julios . Just then a guy in a Tuk Tuk came up and said follow me , well the next 10 mins was pure hell .
Off we go back and through a little village and out into a clear field of mud , more mud and more mud . It started out not to bad until we came to a drop down to a river , the Tuk Tuk was gone , light enough to almost float down  .  I stopped a looked and looked and said #&@# I cant go down there (it was I tell you just a mud slide ) , but the only problem was I couldnt go back either (I was in for what ever happened , I was sayin to myself , here we go again , im goin down   ) . After what seemed like hrs I plucked up the courage to go  , the sweet was running off me as very slowly I slid down that bloody hill . Hell I made it , now the river , half way across I got bellied  . Two guys came running and helped me out , next its up the other side , but I made it Great . 
So the good thing was , I was the only guy going through the border , so it was very quick and I was underway . Bit still sweating for about 2 hrs later . 
Afetr finding a hotel ,out to the Aztec Ruins  I go , they were great , but for me not as good as Palenque Mexico . They were rediscovered back in the 1500s


This is how they would have looked 


Next stop D&D  Mico Brewery Hostel . it is by Lake Yoyoa , I had a great ride down here ,the weather is great , warm but not that bad . It gets pretty hot once you stop and get off the bike though 

Its quite beautiful,  set in the jungle 
Honduras is very beautiful , with lots of mountains ,and not  so many cars ,  the roads are just ok . 


,    



1 comment:

  1. hey there again, great to talk on skype.Reading it again here brought out the sweat on us as well!!!! Like anything scary like that, you always seem to laugh about it later.Even the kids were `eyes wide open' while we read it aloud. You go Bro. Weather cracked up here again and bit cooler today with it. Eyes peeled for next episode. take care. XX

    ReplyDelete