Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dease Lake Smoke Gets in Your Eyes 5/8/2010






















Just after posting the last Blog I went to put some gas in the bike, and got out on the road and bugger me , I have a puncture in he rear tyre . As I have said the tyre was getting pretty bald (but not quite as bald as my head ) so we push it back to the Motel and I went to work fixing it .
With the help of Skype and the advise from my back up crew back in NZ , out comes the back tyre and I plug up the hole,with Ruths help (what a trooper) (I didn't have to take out the back tyre , my back up crew told after the fact and before I Skyped John ) anyway all fixed and back in with very dirty hands (and i hate dirty hands, I bought some gloves today, no more dirty hands )the job was done . And now I'm worried with 600+kms to go and a F##ked tyre with a hole I fixed, I'm thinkin" I ain't gunna get to Smithers via Stweart" .
So I rang a Guy here at Dease Lake about my tyre (I'm thinkin he is gunna say "you want what and I'm to busy and piss off" ) . But Charlie at Charlies Work Shop said bring it down and I will have a look and then we can make a decision on whether I think you will make Smithers , Charlie looks at the tyre and says "you bloody lucky you got this far" . Anyway Charlie (bloody nice guy and a real hard case ) started to ring around Smithers and after half an hour he gets me a tyre and to be deliver the next day being the 6/08/10, (remember we are 600+km away from Smithers) . So we have another rest day here in Dease Lake (though I don't think there is a lake close, it is just a truck stop )and tomorrow a new tyre and a service and off to Stewart .
Time for another Budweiser(good stuff) from da frig Jezzz what a life , kick me i must be dreamin
Photos
All on the way to Dease Lake , and Ruth a German guy and two American guys waiting to go to Dease Lake at the Watson Lake end . Great guys and all just travelin around for months, they just about as luck as me, JUST ABOUT because nobody can be this lucky

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you again. Hope all is fixed and you are on your way! The photos have been amazing - it looks very cold tho! Rang Mum and Dad last night - they are great - Mum rattled off all the kids birthdays! so she is doing really well!! They enjoyed havng Justin & Trinette's kids there - played snakes and ladders with them! Good plan, that was. All well here - have another little person on the way (Liv and Jimi) should be here in March! LOL Doug and Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys
    Wow we are really enjoying your blog. You are certainly having an amazing time. We loved it when we were there as well. Hey when you get to Jasper you must go on the gondala up Mt Robson. incredible views. Also hope you go to Lake Louise that is a must, lovely walk around the lake, and night in the Hotel there.
    You must be getting to be a pro mechanic now ! with 'lefty loosie, and righty tightie' surely nothing else can go wrong. And of course your right hand 'girl' what troupers you are.
    Leonie and Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nunga Nunga here, i no how you feel about smoke gettin in your eyes bro, my causin was out back one day and set fire to this bloody log, he was cookin the grubs in the log so he could eat dem,he burnt down 1000 acres of scrub, the Whitties around here complained about the smoke that got in there eyes, i told them i'm not bloody sorry, na i said get stuffed, you lot raped our women and shit like that, hell we had grubs for lunch, t and dinna mate, all the trides came from miles for the feest, and we had a coupe of hoes down that week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger & Ruth

    Very much enjoying your trip progress. Great pictures and it brings back wonderful memories when we visited the US and Canada; Cody, Jacksons Hole, Sheridan, Yellowstone, Banff, Lake Louise etc. Agree with your comments Re Prince George!!

    Keep it up. How long have you had the goaty?

    Richard and Elaine

    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete